Details to follow
PRIVACY NOTICE 24th May 2018
(Why I collect your personal data and what I do with it)
When you supply your personal details to this Clinic they are stored and processed for 4 reasons (the bits in bold are the relevant terms used in the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 – i.e. the law):
1. I need to collect personal information about your health in order to provide you with the best possible treatment. Your requesting treatment and my agreement to provide that care constitutes a contract. You can, of course, refuse to provide the information, but if you were to do that I would not be able to provide treatment.
2. I have a “Legitimate Interest” in collecting that information, because without it I couldn’t do my job effectively and safely.
3. I also think that it is important that I can contact you in order to confirm your appointments with me or to update you on matters related to your medical care. This again constitutes “Legitimate Interest”, but this time it is your legitimate interest.
4. Provided I have your consent, I may occasionally send you general health information in the form of articles, advice or newsletters. You may withdraw this consent at any time – just let me know by any convenient method.
I have a legal obligation to retain your records for a statutory period.
They are stored on paper, in locked filing cabinets, and computer. The Clinic entrance is always accessed by ringing the doorbell. Additional door lock is in place when the Clinic is closed.
I will never share your data with anyone who does not need access without your written consent. Only the following people will have routine access to your data:
• Your practitioner in order that they can provide you with treatment
• My reception staff, because they organise my diary and coordinate appointments. . I will ensure that they are fully aware that they must treat that information as confidential, and I will ensure that they sign a non-disclosure agreement.
You have the right to see the personal data you gave me when you first came and you can also ask me to correct any factual errors. Provided the legal minimum period has elapsed, you can also ask me to erase your records.
I want you to be absolutely confident that I am treating your personal data responsibly, and that I am doing everything I can to make sure that the only people who can access that data have a genuine need to do so.
Of course, if you feel that I am mishandling your personal data in some way, you have the right to complain. Complaints need to be sent to what is referred to in the jargon as the “Data Controller”. Here are the details you need for that:
07886 343 259
If you are not satisfied with my response, then you have the right to raise the matter with the Information Commissioner’s Office.